Environmentally Friendly Website Company
Here at CampusDaily.com.au, we believe it is our responsibility to ensure sound, environmentally responsible, operation practice in our activities. We are committed to the incorporation of environmental concern into our decisions and actions.
These are just a few things we do to make a difference
- The majority of our workforce travel to and from the office by bicycle, public transport or low emission vehicles. Where this is not possible the carbon emissions produced are calculated and added to our total carbon emissions
- We strive to be carbon neutral and are working to offset our emissions
- We operate a paper-free office as much as we can
- We have a zero wastage policy and reuse the unprinted side of a sheet
- All our paper and other recyclables are sent for recycling
- Invoices are sent via email in PDF form rather that hard copies posted wherever possible
- All our PC's are power managed and shut down when not in use
- We seek suppliers and products which minimise negative environmental impacts subject to necessary budgetary constraints
Further more, we encourage our employees and the professionals within our network to adopt good environmental practice in their homes. It doesn't take a lot to reduce your emissions.
Why We Do It
We are not green freaks but we do enjoy the world we live in. Being environmentally friendly will never undermine our professionalism, we do not believe it has to. Our environmental policies are in place because we believe in them; it's really that simple.
We encourage environmentally responsible behavior throughout CampusDaily.com.au and our extended network of professionals. This stretches beyond the office or workplace and into the home.
Simple changes to the way you do things around the house can really help reduce your impact on the environment. Here are a few tips, some are obvious others are perhaps not:
- Recycle your own waste and purchase recycled products. Separate your waste
- Replace ordinary light bulbs with energy efficient ones, you'll save money too
- Turn your electrical appliances off rather than put them on stand-by
- Re-use items. Take your own carrier bags to the supermarket each time
- Buy locally where possible, transport costs money and increases emissions
- Turn your thermostat down to save money and energy
- Conserve water; take a shower instead of a bath and fix those dripping taps! Water your garden in the early evening to reduce evaporation loses
- Plant a tree, they look great and help the environment
- Find University Jobs online using the best website to search for university jobs in Australia - Uni Jobs, this cuts down on paper and transport use.
- Read University News online too using the most up to date news resource in australia - www.CampusDaily.com.au